Get the lashing of a lifetime with Better Than Sex Mascara - Exclusively at Too Faced. Shop Innovative Cosmetics Now!

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Kat Von D vs. Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit

So which one is the better one? Contour kits are really making a breakthrough this year, I'm glad another brand decided to come put with one, because for a long time it was just the ABH. My thoughts? 
Packaging: Kat Von D is quite bigger than the ABH, as shown below, it's a bit more bulkier.
ABH: very small and compact, when I first got this, I was stunned to know it was this small. The outside could get powdery as you can see from the picture below. 
Inside: KVD has a nice big mirror, and for me that is super important! It has 6 nice sized shades, unfortunately this is not refillable, which for me that isn't a problem but for my deeper skinned ladies, I don't know how this would work out. 
ABH: has no mirror, the pans are refillable which is a very good thing, people are able to customize to their own likings.
Shades: KVD has all matte, no highlighter, shades, they are almost buttery and super blendable, the darker shade, a little does go a long way! I have no problem using my brush with this the shades are big enough for me to pick up product.
ABH:The shades are all matte except for 1, it's a sheen highlight, I really love the highlight in here, it isn't over the top, but a nice healthy sheen to add is nice without having to reach for another product.  The shades are a bit chalky especially the banana powder. The darker contour shade (Havana) looks a lot like their light contour shade (Java) once swatched.  
Price: KVD retails for $46 at Sephora
ABH for $40 at Sephora. 

Final Thoughts (finally) as I was able to use both of them for quite some time, I prefer the KVD because it is so easy to blend out the contour, so blendable, and nice pigmentation. You get more out product, nice packaging, and it is only $6 for better product in my opinion. The dark shade is very rich in color, I absolutely love this palette, I use it when I do my make-up, it's almost a necessity!
The ABH is a bit harder to blend but still gets the job done. If you want to customize one for your one liking go with the ABH, they have so many shades to pick from. The choice is up to YOU! 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Audacious Lipstick

Favorite Item of the Moment!

Farmacy Beauty was kind of enough to allow me to review this lip bloom!  Farmacy Beauty was kind enough to send me this review and...